Updated guidance on the use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring CGM systems for people with diabetes
NICE now recommends that adults with type 1 diabetes are offered a choice of glucose sensor, including real-time Continuous Glucose Monitoring (rt-CGM).1
Children and Young People
NICE now recommends that children with type 1 diabetes are offered real-time Continuous Glucose Monitoring (rt-CGM).3
People with type 2 diabetes
For people with insulin treated type 2 diabetes, NICE now recommends that rt-CGM can be considered as an alternative to intermittent-scanning is-CGM.2
Dexcom rt-CGM meets the criteria
The system choice should be based on an individual's preferences, needs, characteristics and the functionality of the devices available.1,2,3
†Access to Dexcom CGM can vary in different parts of the UK
How to access a Dexcom CGM system for your patients
Access to Dexcom real-time CGM systems is now even easier with Dexcom’s range of products designed to meet the needs of people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
If you require further information on accessing Dexcom products in your area, the Dexcom Market Access Team can support you through this process.
Do More with Dexcom real-time CGM.
The range of Dexcom products allows you to offer real-time CGM to more people with diabetes, as recommended in the new NICE guidelines.1,2,3
Dexcom ONE real-time CGM system
Best for people with T1 or T2 diabetes using insulin who are looking for an easy and accessible real-time CGM system available on prescription.
Dexcom G6 real-time CGM System
Best for people with T1 diabetes using a connected insulin dosing system.§
Dexcom G7 real-time CGM System
Best for people with T1 diabetes who may need extra support, such as people who are hypo unaware or children.
Education, Training & Resources
The latest education for healthcare professionals.
Be one of the first to hear about how the updated NICE guidelines improves access to real-time continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) and how this will support improve outcomes for people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Learn how to access the benefits of real-time CGM for people with diabetes.
- Find out which Dexcom real-time CGM system is best for your patients.
- Train on how to use and optimise diabetes management using Dexcom real-time CGM systems.
- Explore our new simple, patient led product onboarding and educational offering to help people with diabetes in your care get the best out of their Dexcom system.
1. Type 1 diabetes in adults: diagnosis and management NICE guideline [NG17]
2. Type 2 diabetes in adults: management NICE guideline [NG28]
3. Diabetes (type 1 and type 2) in children and young people: diagnosis and management
NICE guideline [NG18]
§ Compatible insulin-delivery device sold separately.